The function of the corn thresher is to thresh the dried corn ears. Most of them are axial flow drum type, but also vertical threshing disc type. Because of its high production efficiency, good threshing quality, easy operation, simple structure, sturdiness and durability, reliable work and convenient use and maintenance, it has been popular with farmers for many years.
The corn thresher is mainly composed of rollers, concave plates, sieves, fans, feeding hoppers, grain slides, and spiral guide rods. It uses an axial flow threshing device that feeds the cobs tangentially to the end of the shaft. The process flow: the ears of corn enter the drum through the feeding hopper, and are threshed under the impact of the high-speed rotating drum and the interaction of the ears of corn, the drum and the concave plate. Most of the removed grains and fine impurities pass through the holes of the concave plate, and are cleaned by airflow by a fan. Light mixed materials are blown out from the discharge port, and the grains slide out of the machine by the grain slide. The cob moves backward along the axis of the drum, and is discharged out of the machine from the outlet of the shaft end through the surface of the vibrating screen. Part of the grains entrained in the cob leaks through the sieve holes and enters the grain slide to slide out of the machine.
Design requirements for corn thresher:
(1) In order to ensure the smooth feeding of corn ears without blocking the drum, the bottom of the hopper should have a certain inclination, and the entrance into the drum should be biased toward the side where the drum rotates downward.
(2) The arrangement of the cob discharge port and the grain discharge port should be kept at a certain distance to avoid mixing of cob and grain.
The productivity of the corn thresher is determined by the size of the supporting power. Its power consumption can be calculated based on the work of 1 kW·h that can thresh 600-1000 kg of peeled corn ears. When the unpeeled ears of corn are directly threshed, the productivity is reduced by about 30% to 50%.
Pay attention to the following matters when using the corn thresher:
1) Because the working environment of the thresher is very harsh, it is necessary to educate the participants in safe operation in advance to make them understand the operating procedures and safety common sense, such as tight sleeves, masks and protective glasses, etc.
2) Before use, you must carefully check whether the rotating parts are flexible and collision-free, whether the adjustment mechanism is normal, and whether the safety facilities are complete and effective; to ensure that there is no debris in the machine, all lubricating parts must be filled with lubricating oil.
3) The work site should be cleaned up before starting the machine, and some sundries that are not related to threshing should not be placed; children should be prohibited from playing on the edge of the site to avoid accidents.
4) The corn cobs should be fed evenly during work, and stones, sticks and other hard objects should be prevented from being fed into the machine.
5) The joint of the transmission belt should be firm. It is strictly forbidden to pick up the belt or touch any object to the transmission part when the machine is running.
6) The transmission ratio between the supporting power and the thresher must meet the requirements to avoid personal injury accidents caused by excessively high speed of the thresher, severe vibration, damage to parts or loose fasteners.
7) Can not work continuously for too long, generally work for about 8 hours to stop for inspection, adjustment and lubrication to prevent serious friction causing wear, heat or deformation.
8) When the threshing machine is powered by a diesel engine, a fire cover should be worn on the exhaust pipe to prevent fire.
9) If the thresher breaks down during the operation, it should be shut down and then repaired and adjusted.
Post time: Nov-04-2021